COVID-19: Policies DURING Pandemic
BEFORE CONDUCTING IN-PERSON SHOWINGS
We are encouraging buyers to narrow their property search through photos, virtual tours, and leveraging other technology to reduce the number of in-person showings.
• Require all buyers have a pre-qualification letter to limit in-person showings only to qualified and serious buyers.
• It matters not whether a property is vacant, owner-occupied, or tenant-occupied. All buyers must wear a protective facemask and possibly gloves for property to be shown.
• Require property showings by appointment, in lieu of open houses, to reduce the number of persons in a property at any given time.
• Request both the seller and potential buyers to self-disclose whether they have COVID-19 or exhibit any symptoms. However, note that COVID-19 is also spread by individuals who are asymptomatic.
• Limit the number of people who may be present at the showing, and discourage non-essential parties from attending the showing.
• We now request buyers to remain in their vehicle until we arrive at the property.
• For owner or tenant-occupied properties, request that the seller or tenant open all cabinets, closets, window coverings, and to turn on lights before leaving the property.
• For vacant properties, arrive early to open the front door, open all cabinets, closet, window coverings, and to turn on lights.
DURING IN-PERSON SHOWINGS
• Adhere to social distancing recommendations, and maintain a minimum of six feet of space between persons at all times.
• Avoid shaking hands with clients.
• Limit the number of persons who may attend a showing, such as only four people total.
• Require all persons entering a property to immediately wash their hands or to use hand sanitizer, remove footwear or wear booties, and wear a face mask or covering, and, or gloves.
• Instruct buyers and others touring the home to avoid touching any surfaces in the home, such as light switches, cabinet and door handles.
• Instruct buyers and guests not to use bathroom facilities at the property.
• Do not share phones, pens, or tablets or other personal property during the showing.
• Comply with any requirements of the seller during the showing.
AFTER SHOWING PROPERTY
• Wipe down any surfaces touched during the showing with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner, as requested by seller, and suggest the seller also disinfect the property.
• Wipe down the key and lockbox with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner after use.
• Speak with buyers outside of the property or in a ventilated area while maintaining a distance of 6 feet, or arrange to speak by phone or email.
• Do not provide any paper documents, and instead follow up with any information electronically after you leave the property.
• Use hand sanitizer upon returning to your vehicle.
• Maintain a detailed log of interactions to enable contact tracing, to include names, dates, and locations of interactions, as well as a party’s contact information.